Kenilworth, The doctor said that adolescents who suffered serious
injuries in a car accident has no life expectancy. However, parents do not
agree.
Steven Thorpe's parents refused to give up hope even though the four medical specialists expressed their son, who was then aged 17, suffered brain death. Sure that they see the "flicker" of life as Steven lay in a coma, John and Janet Thorpe rejected the suggestion to turn off a tool that makes Steven survival.
They are looking for another opinion, and that's a decision that saved their son. A neurosurgeon finds faint signs of brain activity, and two weeks later, Steven woke from his coma. Seven weeks later, he left the hospital.
Four years later, Steven, who now works as an employee of the account, saying that he owes it all over her parents' persistence. From his home in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, England, Steven (now 21 years old), said, "I feel very fortunate that my parents did not give an answer."
The accident happened in February 2008. Steven is still middle school students using a Rover traveling with two friends when a wild horse suddenly ran to the track right in front of their car. His friend, Matthew Jones (18), was killed in the crash. Steven was seriously wounded in the face, head and arms and had declared brain dead two days later.
He said, "The doctors told my parents that they want to turn off a tool that sustains life. Words to tell my parents they are, you need to start thinking about organ donation."
"I think that's what gives me energy for my father. He thought 'impossible'. They still believe I'm alive. When sitting around the bed, they have the feeling that I was still there and the number of words they convey to me I reacted. I think, if my dad agrees with them, it's life-support machine in a matter of seconds will be released from me, "said Steven.
John Thorpe (51), who worked as an accountant, then contact your GP, Julia Piper, known for his work in traditional and alternative medicine. Moved by their story, Piper then asked a neurosurgeon who he knew to visit Steven at University Hospital in Coventry.
Remarkably, the neurosurgeon concluded that Steven had not brain dead and that he still had a slim chance to recover.
The doctors then agreed to release the chemical induction for Steven from his coma to see if he can survive. Two weeks later, he realized.
Steven said, "It is alarming to think that more than one specialist has sentenced me. Hopefully it can help people to see that you should never give up. If you have a gut feeling about something, follow it. I believe my father was still alive and he right. "
Steven, who had three sisters, has lost the use of his left arm and had to undergo major reconstructive surgery to his face, including nose reshaping and false eye socket was created. Despite suffering from numerous injuries, he said that he considers survival as "a full recovery".
He said the experience was still "too painful" for parents to talk about. John Thorpe, told the Daily Mail, said he preferred to "make it so the events of the past".
Dr Piper, who practiced in Leicester, said, "As a parent, I want to help even if there is little chance. I spoke to the intensive care unit and told them to not turn off the engine support Steven as we bring our own specialists. I was surprised by results, but people are worried that this could happen more often than we know. "
A spokesman for University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust said, "Injury to the brain Steven is very critical and a CT scan of the head shows damage that can hardly be repaired. It is rare that a patient with extensive brain trauma like that can survive. We are pleased see Steven get well. "
Steven Thorpe's parents refused to give up hope even though the four medical specialists expressed their son, who was then aged 17, suffered brain death. Sure that they see the "flicker" of life as Steven lay in a coma, John and Janet Thorpe rejected the suggestion to turn off a tool that makes Steven survival.
They are looking for another opinion, and that's a decision that saved their son. A neurosurgeon finds faint signs of brain activity, and two weeks later, Steven woke from his coma. Seven weeks later, he left the hospital.
Four years later, Steven, who now works as an employee of the account, saying that he owes it all over her parents' persistence. From his home in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, England, Steven (now 21 years old), said, "I feel very fortunate that my parents did not give an answer."
The accident happened in February 2008. Steven is still middle school students using a Rover traveling with two friends when a wild horse suddenly ran to the track right in front of their car. His friend, Matthew Jones (18), was killed in the crash. Steven was seriously wounded in the face, head and arms and had declared brain dead two days later.
He said, "The doctors told my parents that they want to turn off a tool that sustains life. Words to tell my parents they are, you need to start thinking about organ donation."
"I think that's what gives me energy for my father. He thought 'impossible'. They still believe I'm alive. When sitting around the bed, they have the feeling that I was still there and the number of words they convey to me I reacted. I think, if my dad agrees with them, it's life-support machine in a matter of seconds will be released from me, "said Steven.
John Thorpe (51), who worked as an accountant, then contact your GP, Julia Piper, known for his work in traditional and alternative medicine. Moved by their story, Piper then asked a neurosurgeon who he knew to visit Steven at University Hospital in Coventry.
Remarkably, the neurosurgeon concluded that Steven had not brain dead and that he still had a slim chance to recover.
The doctors then agreed to release the chemical induction for Steven from his coma to see if he can survive. Two weeks later, he realized.
Steven said, "It is alarming to think that more than one specialist has sentenced me. Hopefully it can help people to see that you should never give up. If you have a gut feeling about something, follow it. I believe my father was still alive and he right. "
Steven, who had three sisters, has lost the use of his left arm and had to undergo major reconstructive surgery to his face, including nose reshaping and false eye socket was created. Despite suffering from numerous injuries, he said that he considers survival as "a full recovery".
He said the experience was still "too painful" for parents to talk about. John Thorpe, told the Daily Mail, said he preferred to "make it so the events of the past".
Dr Piper, who practiced in Leicester, said, "As a parent, I want to help even if there is little chance. I spoke to the intensive care unit and told them to not turn off the engine support Steven as we bring our own specialists. I was surprised by results, but people are worried that this could happen more often than we know. "
A spokesman for University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust said, "Injury to the brain Steven is very critical and a CT scan of the head shows damage that can hardly be repaired. It is rare that a patient with extensive brain trauma like that can survive. We are pleased see Steven get well. "

No comments:
Post a Comment